Listing your fishing lodge or resort is a LOW-RISK way to advertise your business and
Join the largest collection of fishing lodges and resorts in the Northwest and make sure your lodge is found by a targeted audience of anglers looking for their ideal fishing vacation.
How it Works
A: We are the largest marketplace dedicated to fishing vacations in the Northwest. We reach an international audience and capture very targeted fishing-related traffic.
A: First keep in mind that we are not paid on bookings, nor do we have any way to measure them. However, the more leads you get, the more bookings you get. The top 10 lodges on the site received 586 qualified leads in the past 12 months (as of June 2019) which would typically translate into about 9.4 bookings at a standard 10:1 lead conversion rate. You can read more about this analysis here.
A: We employ a variety of tactics to ensure exposure to many people actively looking for a fishing vacation, with many of them actively engaged in conversation with you. Read more about how we do it here.
A: Although traffic is growing all the time, as of June 2020, 29,885 unique visitors came to the site in the past 12 months.
A: Here are three great reasons:
- We spend a significant portion of our revenue on our own advertising, getting vacationers who are looking for fishing trips, to our site (and consequently, seeing your lodge).
- Advertising with us is low risk. If you get just one booking from your listing in a year, the listing has likely paid for itself. Visitors who choose to contact you from our site or visit your website have already learned a lot about what you offer and have likely chosen you over other options, so they are more likely to make a booking than the “tire-kickers” who may come to your site other ways.
- We like to deliver results, and want you to see them: performance reports are available at any time so you know how well your listing is performing.
A: You’ll have a chance to review and approve the page we build, and request changes if needed. Once the content is approved, we won’t change it (unless you want us to).
A: It’s super easy—because we do it for you! All we need is some basic information that we’ll get during the sign-up process, and the rest we’ll pull from your current website, Facebook page, other social media pages, etc. We’ll make your lodge look great and ensure all information is easy to find.
A: You can either log in to your account and make the change yourself, or just contact us and let us know what you want to change. We’ll typically make the change in under 48 hours.
A: We focus on fishing in the Pacific Northwest but extend as far east as Saskatchewan and as far north as the Northwest Territories, because from personal experience, these are some of the best places to fish on the planet. Whether you offer guided, semi-guided or self-guided fishing, run a rustic fishing camp, a full-service lodge, or a high-end resort, we’d love to promote you. We make it easy for visitors to find the experience they are after—they can easily filter all listings to find yours if it offers what they want.
A: If it’s something can be caught in the ocean, lakes, rivers or streams in the Northwest, then yes. Our site visitors often search for lodges that target certain species (also in combination with other criteria too). On the search page, look in the “Fishing” filter panel…choose one or multiple species and the list of lodges narrows to show only those that target them.
A: Yes. We advertise the site on electronic venues that specifically target other regions. We concentrate on Europe, the UK, Ireland, Australia and China, but don’t exclude any continent.
A: No problem, you can cancel anytime. Listing fees are billed in advance for the next year. We do not provide refunds or credits in the case of cancellations, so your listing will remain for the balance of the paid term.
A: The commission plan is an alternate way to get a Premium Listing on fishlodges.com. We provide you full promotional support—everything that comes in the regular yearly Premium Listing plan—but without a yearly fee (subscription).
A commission is applicable only when we bring you a confirmed booking. If there’s no booking, you don’t pay anything. So all leads we send you are free!
We will be reselling your vacation packages, and you would need to agree to allow us to resell them at potentially different prices than what you would sell them for directly. Regardless of what we sell it for, you will always collect 90% of the price you sell it for directly. If we sell it for less than your “direct price”, we give up the difference and take it out of our 10% commission. If we are able to sell it for more, we keep the difference
For example, suppose a package is priced at $3,000 per person with a 50% deposit, and we bring you a 2-person booking. You would receive $5,400 ($3,000 x 2 = $6,000, minus 10%) direct from the customer.
Here’s how it works:
- Customers request a booking with a 10% deposit via credit card. This is a pre-deposit or “reservation fee”. The 10% figure is strategic—it’s both our commission, which we will keep, and an amount that will fit on a credit card in most cases.
- As part of the request, the customer provides the dates they are wanting to book for, plus any alternates they would accept.
- The customer’s booking request is sent to you. If you would like to accept the booking, just confirm it via a reply back to the customer. If you can’t accept the booking, just state that in your reply. You may want to negotiate other dates with the customer. If you reject the booking or do not confirm it within 3 days, the 10% reservation fee is refunded to the customer.
- With the first 10% of the booking paid by the customer and the booking accepted, the rest of the process reverts to what you’re used to—the customer is instructed to pay the remainder of the deposit to confirm the booking, directly to you (with the booking not confirmed until it’s paid). For example, if you require a 50% deposit, they would then pay the remaining 40% directly to you using whichever payment methods you accept. You can then collect the remaining balance as per your usual terms.
The booking plan is an alternative to the yearly Premium Listing subscription plan, and you can have only one plan active at a time.
If you require more information, please contact us.
The Lodge Details Page
The lodge details page is your home on fishlodges.com—a comprehensive collection of details about your property that’s used to promote everything that’s unique and awesome about your lodge. It gives prospective visitors what they need to make the decision to reach out to you, and makes it easy to find out how to do it (by phone, email, your website and your Facebook page). Perhaps the best part is that we’ll build the page for you! All you need to do is approve it. Watch the video to learn more.
Ready to Get More Bookings?
All prices in $USD.
Display the fishlodges.com partner badge on your website and get US$50 credit returned at the end of every year.
Terms and conditions apply.